Practice Assistant II / 40 Hour / Day / BWH Brookside Community Health Center - Jamaica Plain - 02130
Brigham and Women's Hospital
7 Greenough Ave
Loading some great jobs for you...
Brigham and Women's Hospital is committed to putting every Patient First. Every employee plays a role in providing a positive impact on patients and the care they receive at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Our service will be distinguished by the delivery of high-quality and safe patient care, respect and dignity in all interactions with patients, families and colleagues and by customer service excellence.
All employees are expected to embrace this commitment and demonstrate behavioral competencies in the
People: Focus on serving the community through collaboration and respect
Self Management: Accountability, professionalism and commitment to growth and development
Organization: A commitment to quality, service and exceptional performance
Meeting these expectations is key to the success of your department and the organization.
Actual job duties may vary by department (see Addendum B for more detail)
* Perform administrative duties under minimal supervision at the highest proficiency level.
* Act as a lead, assign and prioritize workflow, troubleshoot issues, assist with training and
orientation, and provide backup support for the Supervisor.
* Provide guidance and help to other to resolve complex issues and problems.
* Provide feedback to Supervisor and input into evaluating performance of staff. Assist with annual
* Assist Supervisor with interviewing for new staff
* Assist with orientation and training for new and current staff.
* Act as a super user for scheduling, registration, and billing systems. Provide training and
assistance to others in these areas.
* May perform more complex or specialized functions (i.e. surgical scheduling) at highest
* Assist with training and orienting staff as needed.
* Provide cross coverage as needed.
* Assist with special projects as directed.
* Follow HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality.
* Other duties, as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED required; post-high school education preferred. * Minimum one year of applicable work experience required. * Additional training in office systems preferred. * Spanish speaking required.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Technical skills required:
* Knowledge of practice operations and standards. * Understanding of procedures including filing, copying, scanning, printing, and faxing.
* Ability to use phone system (answer and screen calls, put on hold), answer routine questions, and give routine information.
* Ability to interpret information as appropriate, answer routine questions in the most professional manner, and communicate in a professional, courteous, clear, and concise manner.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, follow established protocols, and work within systems.
* Ability to correspond and communicate with others clearly and effectively in writing (via e-mail, memo, or interoffice note) and to take complete and accurate messages.
* Ability to type and enter data at an entry level. Entry level understanding of applicable systems. * Understanding of the appropriate use and importance of related forms. * Basic understanding and use of medical terminology. * Basic comprehension of insurance types and referral process. * Basic comprehension of registration and fiscal information. * Knowledgeable and compliant with all hospital, State, and Federal requirements (where applicable to job performance), including policy and procedures with The Joint Commission and HIPAA.
Hospital based ambulatory practice. Normal patient environments where there are some exposures to communicable diseases, unpleasant odors, needle, and blood products.
HOSPITAL WIDE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Works within legal, regulatory, accreditation and ethical practice standards relevant to the position and as established by BWH/Partners; follows safe practices required for the position; complies with appropriate BWH and Partners policies and procedures; fulfills any training required by BWH and/or Partners, as appropriate; brings potential matters of non-compliance to the attention of the supervisor or other appropriate hospital staff.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.