COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER - REGIONAL NURSING DIRECTOR/ 40 HOURS/ DAYS/ BWH - JAMAICA PLAIN PRIMARY CAR
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Healthcare - Nursing
7 Greenough Ave
Loading some great jobs for you...
ABOUT BROOKSIDE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER:
Brookside is a licensed Health Center of Brigham and Women's Hospital and providesmulti-disciplinary, comprehensive care with services in a range of medical areasincluding: Adult and Pediatric Primary Care, OB/GYN, Family Planning,Dental/Oral Surgery, Nutrition/WIC, and Behavioral Health. Each year, more than 11,000 patients fromJamaica Plain and the city of Boston use these services, producing more than69,000 visits to Brookside each year. The health center's services are providedby a bilingual English/Spanish medical and professional staff. Brookside isCertified as a level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home, which reinforces ourlong-standing commitment to comprehensive team-based care. Brookside is a teaching site for HarvardMedical School, Mass General Institute of Nursing, Harvard Dental School,Boston University Dental School, as well as other Boston area health careprofessional programs.
The Regional NursingDirector (RND) acts in partnership with the Regional Medical Director andRegional Administrative Director to form a leadership triad (the triad) whichshares responsibility for interdisciplinary collaboration, ensuring thesuccessful translation of Brigham and Women's Primary Care values and idealsinto practice.
The RND/triad isresponsible to define and implement best practices for care delivery, topromote standardization and operational excellence across practices and tocreate innovative models of care which promote access, cost effectiveness andan exceptional patient experience. The RND develops strongcollaborative relationships across roles, disciplines and departments, ensuringthe evolving needs of Primary Care patients and the inter-professional team areaddressed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:
* Leadership: * The RND/triad is responsible to create, develop andsupport the work of high performing teams. Creates and models aculture of dignity, respect, innovation and teamwork. * Working collaboratively with Primary Care Central(PCC), practice management and faculty leadership, implements initiativesto ensure that key Primary Care goals and objectives are met. * Provides strategic direction, planning andleadership. Formulates plans, methods, and monitors progresstowards goals. * Facilitates communication between PCC leadership, siteleadership and front line staff. * Supports local leadership in the design andimplementation of initiatives. * Monitors quality of care delivered by the health careteam. * Analyzes practice, operations and workflows toidentify opportunities for improvement. Develops project plans andimplements change to improve care/clinical practice. * Provides direction and support to RN FlowManagers and others in assessing, planning, implementing and sustainingpractice level change. * Fosters and implements innovative thinking to createalternative solutions. * Creates and supports an evidence-based environment oflearning, advancing the clinical knowledge and skills of clinical staff,residents, students and others through formal and informal education,mentorship/preceptorship. * Management * Hires, supervises and evaluates theperformance of the RN Flow Managers, Nurse Practitioners and NP TeamManagers * Supports the RN Flow Manager in the management ofclinical staff. * Mentors new staff, assists with orientation and staffdevelopment needs. * In collaboration, the triad, ensures thateach practice is meeting budget, quality, patient experience and growthtarget expectations. * Quality and Safety: Leads Quality Initiatives * Establishes quality standards for nursing care anddevelops relevant systems, policies and procedures to ensure meeting thehighest standards. * Works collaboratively with Ambulatory Quality &Safety, BWH Clinical Compliance and the ACNO of Ambulatory to ensurecompliance to hospital policy and regulatory guidelines. Monitors/ensurescompliance with Joint Commission, federal, state and local laws andregulations. * Demonstrates ability to analyze, synthesize and applydata to drive optimal care delivery outcomes. Develops, enhances, and monitors reports to measureperformance against practice standards and benchmarks. * Responsible for the quality assurance ofreports and working with the practices to leverage data for improvementactivities. * Technology * Demonstrates technological literacy in usingcomputerized information systems. * Accesses, evaluates and uses data and information froma wide range of resources. * Demonstrates effective use of computer-basedinformation and practice management systems for population healthmanagement, decision support, reports relative to the provision of care,continuous quality improvement and professional development. * Leads the development of information systems thatimpact the provision of patient care.
Must meet allqualifications, skills and abilities as defined and required by the BWH NurseDirector Job Description.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing, BSNrequired. * Currentregistration in nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. * MSN(or) DNP (or) PhD, (or) a BSN with a Master's degree in a related field,required. * Currentcertification required or to be attained within two-year period from10-1-18 or from date of hire after 10-1-18. Certification must bemaintained while employed in this position.
* Current license to practice as a registered nurse inthe State of Massachusetts required. * APRN licenseto practice in Massachusetts Preferred.
* Must have extensive knowledge of Primary Care clinicalpractices, workflows, and operations. * 3 - 5 years progressive leadership experience required. * Continually updates clinical knowledge and skillsthrough formal and informal education and review of the currentliterature. * Must possess the ability to work well independently,demonstrate sound decision making and when required, work effectively withand through inter-professional colleagues to facilitate making complexdecisions. * Excellent communication skills and strong team player. * Bilingual (Spanish English) preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
* Must exercise a high degree of professional judgmentwithin the scope of licensure. * Possess interpersonal skills to interact effectivelyacross roles, teams and departments. * Possess ability to manage critical issues relating topatient care and changing organizational climate.