The Health Center Staff Nurse is responsible for providing clinical and administrative support to the health center in the areas of: telephone triage, same day appointments, assessment and scheduling for patients of all services, clinical staffing support in all services, and coordination of, and participation in, health center outreach activities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs telephone triage for Adult Medicine, Pediatrics, OB, and Family Medicine.
2. Performs assessment and triage of Adult Medicine and Pediatric walk-in patients.
3. Provides prescription refill support, as needed.
4. Provides programmatic support for the Women's Health Service in the areas of assessment of new prenatal patients, medication administration and patient education, as indicated.
5. Provides diabetic education and other educational sessions to patients and families.
6. Administers medications and other treatments per physician/standing orders to patients in all clinical areas.
7. Participates in health center outreach activities and educational programs
8. Participates in health center team meetings.
10. Other health center duties as needed.
* Education: Graduate of an approved school of nursing with current registration in Massachusetts. Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is required.
* Bilingual in Spanish and English required.
* Knowledge of Patient centered medical home required.
* Ambulatory or community health experience required.
* Triage experience required. Telephone triage strongly preferred; Urgent Care or Emergency Room triage preferred.
* Suboxone and SUDS (substance use disorder) experience required.
* Other: Membership in professional organizations is recommended and certification in a specialty area is encouraged.
* Able to work weekend rotation per the MNA contract.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Sensitivity to a variety of cultures and life-styles.
* Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
* Good planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to exercise good nursing judgment and take initiative.
* Computer literate.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, ccu, coronary, hospice, intensive care, intensive care unit, recovery, surgery, tcu