Summary of major responsibilities:
* Provides nutrition care to WIC participants, underthe supervision of the Senior Nutritionist including all aspects of:
* Anthropometric andhematological data collection
* Dietaryassessment, nutritional risk assessment and food package prescription
* Nutrition andbreastfeeding counseling and education
* Documentation anddata entry
* Referrals toother health and social services
* Follow up nutritioneducation
* Developspatient education materials and resource files to contribute to effective,culturally appropriate nutrition care.
* Serves as a professionalresource for health center staff and community agencies and provides them withnutrition information through individual consultation and in-service trainingsessions.
* Participates in departmentperformance improvement/quality assurance activities.
* Participates indepartment meetings, health center meetings, and appropriate WIC task forcecommittees.
* Provides supervision andtraining for dietetic interns.
* Completes monthlystatistics reports, monthly time study, and other required reports.
* Bachelor's degree in Nutrition
* Ability to conduct nutrition appointments in Spanish
* Prior WIC experience required
* Ability to travel to several WIC sites in the Boston area
* Familiarity with maternal and child nutrition
* Strong teamwork skills
Associated topics: dairy, diet, dietary, dietician, dietitian, exercise, headstart, nutrition, swine, wic