Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Hampton, Virginia. Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Family Medicine job in Hampton, Virginia.
The job is a civilian position within the military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Family Medicine Job Overview:
- Monday-Friday day shifts
- Holidays off
- No on-call/call-back
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
- Dedication Program Manager to support your employment
Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Family Medicine Job Qualifications:
- Provide a full range of outcome-based nurse practitioner services
- Supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems.
- Provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide evidenced-based educational lectures and participate in in-service training to staff members.
- Diagnose and treat patients with common acute conditions, chronic illnesses, or minor trauma within clinical practice guidelines.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
- Recognize conditions that require isolation and ensure universal precautions are used in all patient encounters.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement and safety.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers by AHA
- Computer competency
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Graduate from an ACEN or CCNE accredited academic program.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license. Any U.S. jurisdiction.
- At least 12 consecutive months of full-time experience as a Nurse Practitioner within the previous two years in a clinical setting. Outpatient family medicine setting highly preferable.
- Demonstrated clinical competency
Position contingent on contract award with an early Spring start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Associated topics: bilingual, clinical nurse, cna, family nurse practioner, neighborcare, physician assistant, rnp, spanish, specialis, splst