JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT IS PROVEN TO MAKE POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDRENS LIVES. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
In this business environment rooted in mission, the Match Support Specialist (MSS) provides exemplary customer service by effectively communicating with Big Mentors via telephone, electronic, and face-to-face channels in compliance with the KSBBBS guidelines and expectations. Match Support Specialist must consistently provide excellent customer service, possess effective problem-solving skills, and be willing and able to contribute to the development of their own skills as well as a growing team learning environment.
The successful MSS will provide regular, ongoing match supervision for a case load of Bigs as well as conduct Child Enrollment and Volunteer Enrollment.
It is the role of the Match Support Specialist to build effective relationships with Big Mentors, supporting them as they work to ensure positive impacts for youth facing adversity and creating a strong sense of affiliation with KSBBBS.
- Conduct the match meeting, contracts, supervisions, and closures within the guidelines outlined in KSBBBS policies and procedures to ensure a successful and viable relationship.
- Continually assess the match relationship, focusing on: match relationship development, child safety, privacy, positive youth development, and volunteer satisfaction. Identifying, addressing, and resolving real and/or potential problems and barriers as early as possible.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the Supervisor/Manager/Director. Maintain organized and well-documented supervision files in the agency database.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with assigned schools and/or school districts in order to implement the school-based program.
- Participate in For Kids Sake, group activities, Big for a Day events, recruitment, and other activities important to the advancement of the agencys mission.
- Represent KSBBBS at various meetings, conferences, events, and other functions as necessary to fulfilling the goals of the program.
- Make timely referrals to appropriate agencies when problems are encountered.
- Conduct home visits and face-to-face interviews with Little Brother/Little Sister applicants, parents, and/or legal guardians.
- Complete needs assessments and intakes on Little Brother/Little Sister applicants.
- Process children screening, including parent permission forms and interviews.
- Interview applicants desiring to be a Big Brother/Big Sister, select and match suitable candidates.
- Process volunteer screening including background checks, reference calls, and interviews.
- Conduct home visits and face-to-face interviews with the potential Big Brother/Big Sister.
- Compile interview information in preparation for evaluation and recommendations.
- Conduct file showings.
- Make collateral contacts as required.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Previous customer service experience a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Previous work with populations facing adversity a plus.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and Database Programs.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have a valid drivers license and auto insurance with employees name listed as a vehicle operator.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Patience with a confident and calming presence.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to read volunteers.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to follow-through and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Goal oriented with a desire to achieve and grow professionally.
- Ability to engage and build relationships with adults of all backgrounds and ages.
Associated topics: client, deskside, information technology, information technology support, service, support, support analyst, systems administrator, technical, technical support