My client is a public bank headquartered in South America that is looking to grow its New York office.
- Monitoring and reviewing the information reported by Market Risk Head Office (Chile) on daily basis by validating the reports to ensure data quality.
- Providing assistance in the management of market risk daily workflow and related activities.
- Working with all key stakeholders to ensure a robust and timely management for intraday and end-of-day risk reports.
- Assisting the team to ensure smooth day-to-day operation of the risk management while implementing and developing new risk management techniques.
- Supporting ad-hoc analytical requests from the front office.
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
- Assisting in streamlining market and liquidity risk analysis processes.
- Providing hands-on risk management technical skills and knowledge of market and liquidity risk regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Reviewing the market risks for new proposed transactions and recommend adequate mitigation measures.
- Assisting in core strategic projects to enhance risk management capabilities.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is highly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, management or equivalent field.
- 3+ years of total experience in treasury, balance sheet or risk management functions in an international finance setting, with at least 1+ years of experience in market risk or trading in capital markets.
- Knowledge of various financial banking products such as fixed income, derivatives, foreign exchange, etc.
- Knowledge of risk management methodologies and disciplines, including value at risk, quantitative analysis, liquidity stress testing and scenario analysis with an emphasis in the banking industry.
- Proficient on SQL, VBA, MS Excel and MS Access.
- Basic knowledge of credit risk analysis with keen insights into what is driving credit exposures.
- Self-starter and be able to translate business requirements from a regulatory stand point to a seamless technical implementation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with others at all levels and across all regions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and time management; ability to work on multiple tasks and manage workload and priorities
- Health, dental, vision life, and disability coverage
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Competitive base and bonus
This position will report directly to the Head of Risk Management of the New York Branch of the International Bank, helping the individual build out the market and liquidity risk framework.
Associated topics: bi, business, business analyst, business intelligence, financial analyst, financial analytic, inspect, investment analytics, law, monitor